The spectrum of Vietnamese dishes is surprisingly refined and diverse for such a small country. Mother nature gives Vietnam many beautiful landscapes, but local people make their own identity. Vietnam cuisine is one of very beautiful culture that very attractive to tourist. Each part of the country has their own kind of foods.
Nem ran (spring roll) – one of very popular dishes in Vietnam – was voted By CNN as one of ten best dishes of the world. But it is not very hard to make spring roll, and the ingredients is also very easy to find in any super market.
Ingredients for 12 spring rolls:
- Minced pork: 300 gr
- Dried vermicelli: 30 gr
- Earwood mushrooms: 30 gr
- Shiitake mushrooms: 30 gr
- Jicama: 200 gr
- Onion: 100 gr
- Carrot: 100 gr
- Chicken eggs: 2
- Spring onion and shallots
- Rice paper
- Fish sause: 3 teaspoons
- Chicken stock powder: teaspoon
- Pepper: half teaspoon
- 5 spoon of water
- 1 spoon of fish sause
- 1 and half of vinegar
- Half of lime juice
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 3 cloves of garlic and chilies
- 100 gr grated or thinly shredded green papaya and carrot
Minced the garlic and chillies. Stir in the water, sugar fish sause, vinegar, lime juice. Mix well. Garnish with the grated or thinly shredded green papaya and carrot.
1. Soak the dried vermicelli, earwood mushrooms, shitake mushrooms in warm water for 10 to 20 minutes and dry, then finly chop.
2. Also finely chop the onions, carrots, jimaca, shallots, spring onions.
3. Put all the prepared ingredients into large mixing bowl.
4. Add fish sause, chicken stock powder, pepper and chicken eggs, them mix well.
5. Spoon a tablespoon of the prepared ingredients onto a sheet of rice paper, then rolling.
1. Pour some cooking oil into frying pan, bring to boil, add the spring roll, turn down flame.
2. Fry the spring rolls until their color turn light brown for the first time.
3. For the second time, fry the spring rolls until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Serve hot with herbs and dipping sauce and thin rice noodle (Bún).
Spring roll is suitable for all people. It is not very fat because spring roll is eaten with Noodle and herbs. The dipping sauce is the combination of salt from fish sauce, sour from vinegar, sweet from sugar, hot from chili. All of them make a unique taste for an delicious Spring roll.